Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Child Of Hell

I read a biography about Stalin of Russia when I was seventeen. It was a school assignment. I didn't feel that a report, on the book, would show the kind of emotion and rage that gripped me as I uncovered these chapters of history. No, only a poem could come close to showing what I felt about Stalin and the knowledge of his hellish reign over Russia. So my wonderful Mom let me write a poem instead of a book report.

A Child Of Hell
A child of Hell was born to man
Akin to mud
He would follow Satan's dream
With hellish laughter, his eyes would gleam
For he'd make all demons scream
For love of blood
~~~
He ruled the land of Russia
With only death
He had no heart at all
Starved his people, made them crawl
Made them cannibals, else they fall
With dying breath
~~~
He never let his people
Vote or choose
For only he knew what was right
And disagree if you might
But you'd die because he'd fight
For his views
~~~
Who was this living terror
With ready gun?
Stalin was his horrid name
He mocked God and held no shame
And tortured Christians for a game
He thought was fun
~~~
In torrents fell a river
Of heavens tears
And the Earth, it cringed and quivered
And begged to be delivered
From this man of blood, it shivered
Through those years.
~~~
February 2005

No comments: