Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Couple Who Snored

This poem was written the day after I had the experience that this poem describes.

I lay in the dark, in the silence, counting sheep,
When all of the sudden the couple starts to snore!
All the cats of the world and pigs of the ages,
Would plead, if they heard, to be locked in their cages,
'Cause terror would strike them to the very core,
For who has heard such a sound before?
I had lost all hope of catching sleep.

I lay there with a grin, until an hour past.
I was having a nightmare while still awake.
With ear plugs in and pillows on my head,
I could still hear the noise as I lay on my bed.
Could someone please get me and drown me in the lake.
Maybe there I'll get some rest, oh for pity's sake.
But overcome with tiredness I finally slept at last.

Jan. 8, 2005

No comments: